When you’re ready to outsource important parts of your lab to a managed service provider, you’ll want to make sure you find the right one. But choosing managed SAP services can be tricky.
In this post, we’ll cover a variety of questions you may have about SAP management and help you find the right help to suit your needs. We’ll also cover the key features of managed services and how they can benefit your organization. We’ll also provide a list of questions to ask to help you decide if they’re right for you.
SAP Managed Services – What are They?
SAP managed services is a general term that refers to the solutions provided by service providers who use technologies such as SAP systems, SAP HANA, and other SAP environments and SAP landscapes. SAP services that are offered include hosting virtual or physical servers, in the private cloud, public cloud, or at the SAP basis operations. But it can also cover the SAP application layer and SAP activities that are related to security.
Why Do Businesses Need SAP Managed Services Providers?
Managing time, effort, and cost to accommodate the SAP landscape is a crucial aspect for every business. When choosing the right SAP Managed Services Provider, popularly known as SAP MSP, you should look at how the services integrator could assist you in managing complex SAP landscapes at a reasonable cost while still advising on new roadmaps and assisting the company to become digitally transformed.
Considering the tremendous growth that cloud services have been experiencing, the majority of IT service providers have re-christened themselves to be SAP MSPs. These service providers must have specific service offerings, the right certification recipe, and proven skills and expertise to stand above the stiff competition.
Businesses need an IT partner who can assist them in planning, building, and operating mission-critical and business-critical SAP applications throughout the year. And the IT department in these businesses can experiences problems in managing the SAP systems successfully. The problems could be a lack of technical expertise to adjust to various business needs, or inadequate internal IT employees.
Businesses want to partner with SAP MSPs to concentrate on their core business activities and delegate complicated IT applications to the hands of experts. In essence, SAP MSPs are like insurance that would assist in maintaining and monitoring mission-critical SAP applications proactively to ensure availability and integrity as and when required.
What Factors Should You Consider When Choosing the Right SAP Managed Services Provider?
Picking the right SAP MSP will go a long way in making sure that your SAP landscape is being managed, monitored, and administered round the clock. From migrating, managing, and provisioning your IT infrastructure to new audits, security assessments, governance, compliance, and implementations, your SAP MSP should take full ownership of your business’s SAP environment. Here are the factors that you should consider when choosing the right SAP MSP:
- Adept at offering all SAP managed services. For a business to achieve its evolving business needs, it is important to find an SAP partner that will provide all the services that fit your business needs at each stage of the SAP journey. It could be consultation or migration of the SAP to the cloud or carrying out vulnerability assessments. Whichever the case, you will need a partner who will provide all the relevant services.
- In-depth SAP knowledge, proven experience, and technical skills. It is possible to receive the best SAP managed services if your business is using a well-versed and experienced SAP team to back it. When choosing one, make sure that the SAP MSP has a capable team that is highly experienced in SAP services and the cloud. Depending on their expertise, they can make suggestions on the appropriate methodologies, best practices, and business frameworks that can help you in managing SAP systems.
- Promotes compliance and security. With the latest advancements in technology, cybercrimes have increased phenomenally, and it is essential that you keep your SAP environment secure, especially if your business is on the cloud. Choose an MSP that can design security strategies. Perform vulnerability assessments, and protect your business data throughout the lifecycle.
- Offers their services at reduced costs.
- Guarantees availability round the clock.
- Is SAP certified and has an SAP CoE (center of excellence)