Mobile app creation can be a challenge. But don’t let it discourage you!
With the right help, you can quickly and easily create an app that will help grow your business. According to Pillir, the key to successfully creating a mobile app is to start with an existing app template and add the capabilities you want to the app.
For example, instead of creating a mobile app from scratch, you might look at an existing app and leverage its functionality to create your mobile app. This approach can save you time and money and help you create a better app.
Creating a mobile app from scratch
Many people may feel intimidated by the process of creating a mobile app from scratch. However, you cannot ignore the idea without at least knowing what it takes. Below is a step by step guide for creating a mobile app from scratch;
- The first thing you do is develop an idea for your app. You must also determine if it is a viable mobile app idea.
- The next step is validating your idea. You can do this by conducting market research. Doing this will keep you from wasting time, money, and resources on a bad idea. You can conduct market research through interviews, competition analysis, focus groups, and surveys.
- Now that you have your idea, you can start your app development process by defining your goals. Your goals need to be clearly defined and measurable. Additionally, they should be end-user and business-related. You can use the SMART technique for this step.
- You can start the development process by determining your app features and functionalities.
- The next step is creating a wireframe. This is a rough layout of the mobile app. The wireframe’s purpose is to illustrate the app’s features and layout the schemes. The wireframe does not have to be too formal or technical.
- You can use your wireframe to create a technical specification. This is where you look into the inner workings of the app.
- From there, you must establish a development method. Again, it would be wise to base your choice on your app type, budget, and technical skill level. There are five development methods to choose from. Understanding the basics of each technique will help you make an informed decision. From there, you can begin the app development process.
- The most challenging part of the process is the actual app development. This is a technical process that requires coding and various technical skills.
- Finally, once you have completed your app, you must test it before releasing it to the public. After releasing the apps, you have to run updates and improvements depending on the feedback.
Creating an app by leveraging an existing app
Many people opt for leveraging an existing app instead of building a mobile app from scratch because it is a simpler solution. For instance, you do not have to develop a 100% original idea. Like in the above process, this one starts with an idea. From there, you can conduct market research to determine if there are existing mobile apps you can leverage. You can also leverage app-building platforms for your app development. These platforms have existing features you can apply to your new app. Therefore, you do not have to build the features from scratch. Leveraging an app-builder also means not having to go through the coding process.
Which is better? Creating an app from scratch or leveraging an existing app
Naturally, leveraging an existing app is better than building an app from scratch. This is because you do not have to do as much work. However, you must be keen on differentiating your app from the existing one. The last thing you want is to get into legal trouble.
Mobile App Creation: Final Words
Regardless of your choice, the mobile app creation process starts with an idea. The idea will determine the direction of the rest of the process. However, you do not have to worry about the app-making process’s complexity because of the various leveraging options. This has allowed many people to explore the industry and develop apps. This is why there are thousands of mobile apps on app stores.